A few critical success factors when developing your transformation strategy are:
- Make your transformation strategy an integral part of your entire company strategy and not a separate document.
- Develop a transformation team that can assist in developing the strategy and help build a critical mass in the organisation.
- Ensure that transformation does not occur at the expense of the performance of your company (but don’t make this an excuse to not transform).
- Approach transformation differently under conditions of high growth versus low growth economic conditions.
- Be sensitive in your implementation approach, as this topic has the potential to polarise staff. Many deep rooted issues are just below the friendly surface. Seek specialist consultants to assist here if you have any doubt about achieving absolute success.
- Involve your entire organisation in input and in giving feet to your strategy.
Source: Everyone’s Guide to B-BBEE updated against the Revised Codes of Good Practice
Author: Dr. Robin Woolley and C. Smith
Bruniquel & Associates (Pty) Ltd
For more information please click here.