BASIC BUSINESS AWARENESS
Learners who are not being assessed – to be customised to the client’s requirements.
|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|243803||Start up a business.||3||15|
General employees in a business (Paterson A and B bands) and SMME entrepreneurs.
- Understanding of the purpose of business and explain the requirements in setting up a small business.
- Factors that ensure the long-term sustainability of a new business.
- Understanding of basic market research.
- Developing a basic business plan.
Learners who are being assessed:
- Self-Reflection Exercise
- Team Exercise 1: Determine Needs
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Team Exercise 2: Loan Criteria
- Entrepreneurship and banking
- Team Exercise 3: Business Plan
- Team Exercise 4: Entrepreneurship in the Company
- Team Exercise 5: Shares
- Team Exercise 6: Hiring Staff
- Team Exercise 7: Thabo’s Start-up Expenses
- Legislation governing Businesses
- Team Exercise 8: Pricing v Expenses
- Team Exercise 8: Thabo’s Competitive Pricing
- Market Research
- Raising money for a business
- Economies of Scale – Fixed v Variable Costs
- Supplier Relations
- Customer Relations
- Cash Flow
- Bad Debts
- Risk Management
- Shareholders’ Expectations
- Why Businesses Fail
- Personal Goal Setting – Exercises
- Management of Personal Finances
- Work Maps
- Core v Support Functions
- POE Building Session