|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|n/a||Demonstrate an understanding of basic labour legislation (Shortened version of Practical Labour Law)||4/5||–|
This programme is targeted at entry level and middle managers, supervisory levels and trade union representatives.
This non-accredited course is a shortened version of the 3 day Practical Labour Law course. It makes use of two videos – The Kenny Kunene Assault featuring an assault on a supervisor during a strike and a main instructional video – Employment Rights & Duties. This video is divided into the following chapters:
- Overview of labour legislation and its link to the Constitution.
- Organisational rights including the role, duties and limitations of shop stewards.
- Discipline & Dismissal under the LRA. This includes LRA fairness requirements and a video of a procedurally unfair disciplinary enquiry.
- Grievance and dispute procedures.
- Key aspects of the BCEA and EEA; and
- Key aspects of skills development legislation.
Participants receive a handy ready reference booklet with their course material. Various training techniques are used to make what could be a ‘dry’ subject practical and interesting.