2 days plus exercises for POE
|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|11286||Institute Disciplinary Action||5||8|
This programme is targeted at entry level and middle managers, supervisory levels and trade union representatives.
- LRA requirements in respect of dismissals for misconduct.
- How to investigate an incident and prepare notice of a disciplinary enquiry, including collecting evidence and drafting the charges.
- How to prepare for a disciplinary enquiry including preparing witnesses, preparing for cross-examination, preparing opening statements and closing arguments.
- Presenting your case including how to lead evidence and cross-examine witnesses.
- Learners develop skills through participation in practical exercises and role-plays based on actual incidents. They receive a handy ready reference booklet and an ‘Initiator’s Pack’ giving them a checklist and step-by-step approach to initiating discipliary enquiries.
Clients may choose one of two DVDs to augment the course:
The Jabu Gumede Case which features a disciplinary enquiry into an employee’s alleged falsification of a sick certificate. The shop steward is very aggressive and confrontational in his approach; or
The Zola Zubane Case which features the case of an employee who walks off the job and stays away the following day, resulting in a major client problem. The shop steward displays a less confrontational but nonetheless competent approach when representing the employee.