1/2 a day or 1 day with POE
|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|119952||Establish basic principles of evidence in [sic] mediation (incorrect – should be disciplinary and arbitration hearings).||5||6|
The Rules of Evidence training programme is targeted at entry level and middle managers, supervisory levels and trade union representatives.
The programme is ‘driven’ by a DVD, narrated by Jack Devnarain and augmented by a PowerPoint presentation.
The DVD, consisting of 16 chapters covers:
- the principles of natural justice;
- what is evidence;
- the relevance and reliability of evidence;
- cautionary rules;
- hearsay and opinion evidence;
- direct and circumstantial evidence;
- character and previous fact evidence;
- privilege and privileged information;
- documents as evidence;
- photographs, video and electronic evidence;
- real evidence and polygraph evidence;
- evidence from computers; and
In order to make what can be a ‘dry’ subject interesting, case studies based on recent case law are used to illustrate the various subjects.